If you did not manage to secure a study place in joint application process to the degree programme of your choosing, there is a possibility to enter Open University of Applied Sciences (Open UAS) and start so called "Path Studies".
Path Studies are degree level studies completed in Open UAS where the aim is to facilitate the access to complete a degree programme and later earning a degree. Once the student has completed minimum of 60 credits at Open UAS, there is a possibility to apply entering to one of the English degree programme at TAMK via separate Open Path application.
As an Open UAS student, you can select individual courses from the curricula of TAMK degree programmes, or choose the Path Studies option. In both cases, if you are admitted to a degree-awarding study programme at a later date, the credits you have earned from your open studies will count towards your degree. Path Studies on their own won't lead to any qualification, but they will accumulate credit points.
After completing a shorter path study programme (less than 60 credits), you are no eligible for the Open Path application, but you can still apply for a degree programme at TAMK through the joint application process, and if you are admitted, you can have your completed study credicts transferred to your degree.
Before registering consider if your life situation allows full-time /intensive part-time studies and if it is financially possible for you. Open UAS students are not entitled to student financial aid, and studying while claiming unemployment benefit is only allowed in rare cases.
Take the Open Path to a degree programme at TAMK! Once you have completed minimum of 60 credits at an Open UAS, you can apply for one of the English degree programmes at TAMK via the Open Path application:
The 60 credits of Open UAS studies have to be from courses belonging to the curriculum of the degree programme you wish to apply for. They don't necessarily need to be from TAMK; relevant open studies from any Open UAS will be accepted.
The criteria for admission to a degree programme at TAMK via the Open Path application
- The applicant has completed minimun of 60 credits of Open UAS studies that can be recognised as a part of the degree programme for which they are are applying
- The studies conducted at TAMK Open UAS must be completed by 31 July when applying in spring and by 31 December when applying in autum
- The studies conducted in other Open UAS must be completed by the end of the application period and the studies must be transferrable to the degree in terms of the course content covered
- Applicants will be ranked in order of merit according to how successful they have been in their Open UAS studies, and their performance in an interview or a specified "demonstration of competence".
- The criteria set by the different degree programmes:
- Energy and Environmental Engineering: Success in Open UAS studies and an interview
- International Business: Success in Open UAS studies and an interview
- Media and Arts: Success in Open UAS studies and a demonstration of competence (portfolio)
Application period for degree programmes based on open path studies
Open Path Application, Spring 2017
- Separate Application: 60 Open UAS credits completed
The application period is 2–16 May 2017. The application period ends 16 May at 15.00. Studies begin at the beginning of the autumn term.
Student admission results are published 30 June at the latest.
Study place has to be accepted by 31 July at 15.00.
The student applies Open Path application during separate application period by filling in online application form in Studyinfo.fi
Open Path applicants must send a transcipt of records of open studies to TAMK Admissions Office during the application period by email attachments(at)tamk.fi or by post to the address:
Tampere University of Applied Sciences
Results of Open Path application will be published in Studyinfo.fi and by email.
Study right for the degree programme is granted from the beginning of the following semester.
If you are admitted to a degree programme via the Open Path application, you must submit your up-to-date transcript of records of open studies to TAMK Admissions Office.