Self Service Library
Self Service Library - What does it mean?
In the TAMK Main Campus and Mediapolis libraries, you can use the library's facilities, materials and equipment for self service and work also when our customer service is not open. TAMK's wireless network is normally available to you for your own device use. For more information and help with problems, go to it.tamk.fi
Access the library's premises with TAMK access card, which you can get from the janitors at the beginning of your studies. The access card is only given to TAMK students and staff. Other customers are welcome to our premises when the customer service is open.
There is no customer service or library staff on site at the library's self service hours. The facilities on both floors of the library are monitored with motion sensors equipped cameras and alarm ports. Thefts and disruptive behavior are always investigated and the case is handed over to the authorities if necessary.
During self service hours
- Borrow and return material with self service machines
- Pick up reservations from the pickup shelf
- Use all library facilities, materials, and equipment
You can not:
- Pay for any fees at the customer service
- Acquire visitors' IDs
- Receive study services
- Get guidance on information searching, the use of equipment, or help with IT problems
Opening hours for Main Campus library
Self Service Library open
Library Facilities open with TAMK access cards
- Mon-Fri from 7 am to 10 pm
- Saturdays from 8 am to 6 pm
- Sundays closed
Customer service open
- Mon-Thu from 9 am to 6 pm
- Fri from 9 am to 3 pm
- Sat from 10 am to 2 pm (2.9.2017 onwards)