The list of fees is valid from January 1st, 2010.
The library accepts cash payment. In some units (Kuntokatu and Pyynikintie) is also possible to pay with a bank or credit card with a micro chip (Visa or Mastercard).
- library card is free of charge
- items sent to the customer by post: 10 €/ item.
Overdue fines / item / day
- items from loan collection (loan period of 28 days, staff 70 days) 0.20 €
- course books (loan period of 14 days, staff 70 days) 0.50 €
- final theses (loan period of 14 days; all units do not lend) 0.50 €
- DVD films (loan period depends on library unit) 0.50 €
- journals (loan period of 7 days) 0.50 €
- items from reference library (other units than Kuntokatu, overnight or weekend loan) 5 €, starting one hour after opening of library
- short loans (Kuntokatu): 5 € / day, starting immediately after the loan period has ended
- IT devices for students (only at Kuntokatu, loan period 1 day): 10 € / hour, maximum overdue fine 30 € / device
- IT devices for staff (only at Kuntokatu, loan period 7 days): 10 € / day, maximum overdue fine 30 € / device
- dictating machines (loan period 7 days): 5 € / day, maximum overdue fine 30 € / device
- maximum overdue fine 10 € / item
- maximum overdue fine 50 € / customer
If the borrowed item is returned or the loan is renewed not later than on the third day after the due date, no fine is charged. Otherwise, the fine will be collected from the first day after the due date, including the closing days of the library. The reference library fine will be collected from the due date, starting one hour after opening of the library. Short loan, dictating machine and IT device fines will be collected from the due date, starting immediately when the loan is due.
Please note that if you owe the library more than 10 €, your right to use the library will be cancelled. This means that you cannot borrow, renew or reserve any items.
TAMK staff are exempted from overdue fines and reservation fees, except when IT devices are concerned.
Customers are responsible for returning or renewing the borrowed items by the due date. Information about current fees and loans can be checked in the customer database in oma.amkit.fi.
TAMK Library Virrat follows the rules of the town library of Virrat.
Tablets, laptops, headphones and dictating machines are loaned out at the Kuntokatu unit. Prior to the borrowing, the customer has to sign an agreement. The devices should always be returned by 5.30 pm on a given day. The loan period for students is the present day and for the staff 7 days. Overdue fines are the following:
- students: 10 € / h, maximum overdue fine 30 € / device
- staff: 10 € / day, maximum overdue fine 30 € / device
Lost and damaged items are replaced by refunding the suggested retail price of the item or by purchasing a similar item. A customer cannot purchase a replacement for a lost or damaged DVD disk.
Reserving an item is free of charge. However, if the reserved item is not picked up, the fine is 0.50 €.
TAMK students: free of charge
TAMK staff: free of charge
Borrowers from outside TAMK: 10 € / item (domestic loan) and 30 € /loan (international loan), article photocopies 10 € for every 10 pages.
Other libraries: free of charge
Please check from TAMK Publications.
Possible complaints for overdue fines or library bans can be addressed to the Head of Library and Information Services.